Looks good, but after moving units I don't know how to end my turn !?. And Please, add windowed mode. On a big monitor it's a pain to play. Thx, I will follow this game closely.
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
The game will be released on 26th Febrary, priced USD $9.99.
MAINFRAME DEFENDERS - tactical retrofuturistic strategy game.
A computer virus has infiltrated the "Stargazer" research complex. Most of the robotic units are controlled by the virus. Lead a squad of 4 prototypes on a mission to defend complex mainframe. You'll have to repel assaults, destroy unit fabricators, download valuable data, clear infected nodes and do more on your way to deepest parts of the complex. Work with item limitations and drawbacks to build powerful combinations. Destroy your enemies with diverse tactics: overheat them, melt with corrosion, absorb damage and return fire. But don't rely on a single strategy too much - enemies might have a way to counter it. But above everything else: defend the Mainframe!
* RETRO STYLE: Graphics, inspired by 80s terminal PC with hybrid synthwave soundtrack.
* DIVERSE TACTICS: Cook enemy robots to death, bury them under your bullets, eliminate with a single powerful shot, or render your opponents useless with debuffs - this game is designed with a lot of viable strategies in mind.
* BUILD YOUR SQUAD: Similar to how in card games you have to build your deck, in MAINFRAME DEFENDERS you have to combine different items with unique abilities, to create an unstoppable squad. Work with item drawbacks or double down on them, creating flawed, yet powerful build!
* UNIQUE ENEMIES: Enemy squad won't sit idle, though. Each unit has its own role in the squad, and designed to counter certain strategies. Pick your targets wisely, or you will lose.
* PROCEDURAL LEVELS: Hand-made rooms are combined with procedural generation to create random levels. Missions have differing objectives, combined with unique mission conditions. Will you accept the challenge or avoid the unknown and risk to fall behind?
* PROGRESSION SYSTEM: Victory or defeat, the game is not over yet! Unlock new units, each with a unique set of upgrades and loadouts. Unlock new items to bolster your new strategies. Piece together the story behind the Stargazer incident.
|Updated||3 hours ago|
|Tags||8-Bit, Loot, Pixel Art, Retro, Robots, Synthwave, Tactical RPG, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, Turn-based Strategy|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Mainframe Defenders release date3 hours ago
- Mainframe Defenders Demo 0.923 Patch notes.15 days ago
- Mainframe Defenders Demo 0.922 Patch notes.16 days ago
- Mainframe Defenders Devlog: Reworks and balance.18 days ago
- Mainframe Defenders Devlog: Progression System Part 247 days ago
- Mainframe Defenders Devlog: Progression System Part 162 days ago
- Mainframe Defenders Demo 0.5100 Patch68 days ago
- Mainframe Defenders Devlog: New upgrades!71 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks for the feedback. I will add windowed mode as an option. End turn button is in bottom left corner (should be mentioned in tutorial, unless I've messed up) =D
Thx, purchased and waiting for the updated demo. On my 3440x1440 big monitor I can't see the TurnEnd button, It's hidden outside the screen. A windowed mode should fix the issue.
How much will cost the full version?
The full version will cost 10$ and will be released in February, so the game is almost there =) I will try to push the update today so you can play it, but I'll fix any localization errors later.
UPD: I will try to make a proper letterboxing solution, I'll update the demo ASAP within a couple of days. Sorry for the delay.
I've updated the demo with 21:9 support. It should work now even in full-screen mode, but I've added windowed mode and resolution selection as well =) I hope that will help and please let me know if there is still a problem with this aspect ratio.
You should allow to disable analytics. I have an annoying screen open (see screenshot).
The game is great, and I'm sure most of the complaints will come from the visuals. IMO the default visuals should be Map Shimmer OFF, Low Bloom + Noiseless or Mainframe CRT.
I hope in the future you can add online multiplayer.
And please, allow to zOOm on the map, very important.
Thank you, looking forward for the full PC and mobile versions.
Hi and thanks for the suggestions!
The patch for disabled analytics should be up as you read this =) The game was designed for single-player only and will be very difficult to balance properly for an enjoyable multiplayer experience. And it would add complexity I want to avoid for my first project.
The zoom feature was implemented but turned off until I can find a fix for the visual bugs it introduces.
I've also tweaked the default options in the recent version.
Here is a french presentation of the game. I really liked it, i will play more for sure.
I give the game a 9/10, because at first the interface are really messy, the graphics after a while they give headache... Good game!
Hi and thanks fer generous score =D Sorry to hear visuals gave you a headache. I've recieved a few similar complaints, and added more options to remove effects that may cause eye strain (especially "map shimmer").